“Sometimes you will never know the value of the moment, until it becomes a memory!”
Happy March! What an amazing winter we have had but I guess if you like snow than you may disagree. Either way, one thing is for certain, SPRING in on its way!
Our first parenting workshop was held last week at Circle of Friends. Thank you to those who could attend and not to worry if you missed it, attached please find the PowerPoint for your reference. There was a lot of great information provided! Our goal is to host more parenting seminars in the future.
INFORMATION ON ILLNESSES:
Good news–we are seeing, in general, a decline in illnesses here at school. Not to say we do not have any illnesses, but the number has dropped significantly. Please continue to be vigilant in monitoring your child’s overall health before sending them to school.
As you all are aware, the Coronavirus is a hot topic of conversation and potential concern. We are closely monitoring information from the Department of Public Health and the town of Framingham. What is consistently being shared is the importance of precaution. The following are suggested precautions for us all:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
- Cover your coughs and sneezes. If using a tissue, throw it away immediately. You can also cough and sneeze into your sleeve.
- Avoid sharing drinking glasses, cups, eating utensils, dishes, towels, etc.
- Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick
We appreciate you keeping your child home if you have doubts about his or her health. When a child feels ill, his or her day is difficult and other children may be exposed to illness. If your child will not be attending school due to illness, please call the school or email Sarah, Ivana or Laura to let us know. Thank you for your partnership!
- MARCH MONTH OF RAFFLES—It is well on its way! Tickets are available to purchase all month long! Good luck and thank you for your support!
- SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR—March 16-20 The book fair will be set up in the hallway all week. We love the book fair as it is a great win-win for everyone! You get some great new books and Circle of Friends benefits from each purchase. With the “Scholastic dollars” that we earn from your purchases, we can buy some fantastic items for our school. In the past we have purchased items such as a light table, blocks, a Lego table and of course books. Thank you for participating in the book fair!
- Framingham Family Fair—Saturday, April 4th 11:00am – 12:30pm at Nevin’s Hall—Memorial Building 150 Concord St. This is a free community event with lots of fun things for children to do! There will be music, arts & crafts and much more! Sarah & I will be hosting a Circle of Friends table so stop by and say hello!
PRESCHOOL SUMMER INFORMATION:
Information regarding our Summer Program was distributed today and will be found in your child’s cubby. This information is geared towards preschool children currently enrolled in our 9 and 10 month programs as well as those in Pre-K. Please note that if you register after April 15th, the costs to attend will increase. If you have any questions regarding the Summer Program, please reach out to Sarah or me.
Music, Gym and Pizza Schedule for March:
Music with Ellie:
March 4 & 18
Music with Hugh Hanley:
March 13 & 26
Gym with Coach Kate:
March 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30, 31
Pizza Lunch Bunch Dates for Preschoolers:
March 2, 10, 18, 26, 30
- com–Primary.com features colorful baby and kid’s basics without logos, slogans or sequins.
- Mabel’s Labels–Whether you need to label your kids’ clothes or your kitchen canisters, Mabel’s Labels has all your needs covered. Visit com, click the “Support A Fundraiser” button and choose “your organization” from the list.
- Amazon Smile–Go to https://smile.amazon.com/ch/04-3408810 and 0.5% of every eligible purchase will be donated back to Circle of Friends.
- Circle of Friends– clothing, car magnets, water bottles & recyclable bags available for purchase.
As always, please contact me any time with any questions, concerns or positive shout-outs.
Here’s to a marvelous March,
From the Parent Board…
Happy March everyone! I hope you’ve been enjoying the early almost-Spring days.
In our February board meeting, we got an update from our financial adviser, as well as a report from our director. Everything is on track for the year! We talked about the possibility of upgrading one of the playground structures and discussed the parenting workshop on ‘Setting Limits & Challenging Behaviors.’
On the event planning side, we finalized our exciting annual March Month of Raffles, which is now underway! If you haven’t already, be sure to stop by Ivana’s desk to purchase your tickets! We also planned for our Book Fair and the next Margaritas Fundraiser. Lots of great things going on, as usual!
Our next meeting will be Thursday, March 12th at 7pm in the Play Space – please consider joining us!
Have a wonderful month,
Regina McNally, Board President
Mom of Connor (Ducks) & Keira (graduate)