Our new school year is off to a great start! There are new friendships forming, new routines being learned, laughter, playing and even a few tears, all to be expected!
In the lobby just past Ivana’s desk on the right is a bulletin board and table designated for parent information. Please be sure to check the table and board for current events, fundraising opportunities, community events, etc.
Drop off & Pick up routines:
Starting and ending yours and your child’s day positively is so important. Here a few tips for success:
* Develop and maintain a consistent routine at drop off and pick up
* Always say good-bye to your child
* Say what you mean and mean what you say. For example, at pick up time, if you tell your child you will give him/her 3 minutes to finish an activity, give them the 3 minutes and then head home. I know it is easier said than done but it pays off in the long run.
* Be present and in the moment
* End cell phone calls prior to coming into the building
* Regardless of what classroom your child is in, please LABEL everything! Items can get misplaced or taken home accidently by another family, so please label everything you send into school.
* Allergies—we have several children in our school with food allergies and in particular, nuts and peanuts. Please be sure to check your child’s classroom as to allergies that may be in the room. Thank you for working in partnership with us to keep all children safe.
* Car Line—Every morning from 8:55-9:10 you are welcome to pull up near the playground and drop off your child. Ivana or any teacher that is available will take your child from your car. For children who are scheduled to leave at 12:15, you are welcome to use the car line for pick up. The pick-up line will be available from 12:10-12:20.
* Picking up on the playground—If you pick up your child while the children are on the playground, we ask that you come to the gate and wait while a teacher gets your child for you. The reason we do this is to minimize the number of people coming in and out of the playground so that we can safely supervise the children on the playground. We appreciate your cooperation.
* Facebook—Yes, we have a Facebook page. If you are a Facebook user please “like” us so you can follow the Circle of Friends happenings. If you have a free moment, we would love it if you could write a quick review. Thanks!
Music/Gym and Pizza Schedule:
Music with Rob:
September 5 & 19
Music with Hugh Hanley:
September 7 & 27
Gym with Coach Kate:
September 11, 12, 17, 18, 24, 25
Pizza Lunch Bunch Date for Preschoolers:
September 12, 20, 24
Sign up at Ivana’s desk for one day or the whole year.
We are in the process of formulating our enrichment classes for the fall. These classes are optional, take place in the afternoons after rest time and have an additional cost. Dance, yoga, theater and Knucklebones will be offered. Be on the look-out for detailed information coming soon.
Events and Fundraisers:
Cradles to Crayons Clothing Drive – September 4th – September 28th Circle of Friends is partnering with Cradles to Crayons® to collect toddler sized clothing size newborn to size 7/8. Get those closets cleaned out from old, too small spring/summer clothes to make room for new fall/winter clothes! A donation box will be available in the front lobby.
Dried Out…Used Up Marker Recycling – Turn in any used up dried out/used-up marker, highlighter or dauber and we will send them back to Crayola to be recycled. Please drop off your markers in the collection box by the front door.
Primary.com– Shop Primary and raise money for Circle of Friends! Primary.com features colorful baby and kid’s basics without logos, slogans or sequins. The clothing is made with quality, sturdy fabrics that are soft and comfortable and reasonably priced. Complete your child’s fall/winter wardrobe at primary.com • Follow our school’s link www.primary.com/school/cofps and 10% of every order will be donated back to Circle of Friends. Use the code COFPS for 20% off your first order. • No code needed for 20% off all orders between September 1st – September 14th. Always free shipping on orders over $50.00. Always hassle free, no cost returns.
Mabel’s Labels– Shop Mabel’s Labels and raise money for Circle of Friends! Whether you need to label your kids’ clothes or your kitchen canisters, Mabel’s Labels has all of your needs covered. Their labels are perfect for school, camp, daycare, and home. Labels are dishwasher safe, microwave safe and waterproof! • Go to www.mabelslabels.com, click on “Support A Fundraiser” and select Circle of Friends Framingham on the School/Organization Dropdown Menu and 20% of every order will be donated back to Circle of Friends. • Always free shipping in the US.
Amazon Smile– Shop Amazon and raise money for Circle of Friends! Amazon Smile is a simple and automatic way to support Circle of Friends every time you shop, at no cost to you. You’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to Circle of Friends. It’s that easy! • Go to https://smile.amazon.com/ch/04-3408810 and 0.5% of every eligible purchase will be donated back to Circle of Friends.
SOCIAL / “FUN”DRAISING EVENTS
California Pizza Kitchen – Thursday, September 27th. This fundraiser includes dining in or taking out. Just bring the flyer with you (included in your Orientation Folder and more available in the lobby) and Circle of Friends gets 20% of your bill donated back to the school! Eat in for lunch, bring co-workers… Eat in for dinner, bring your kids… Or don’t bring your kids and have a date night or meet up with friends!! Order out for lunch or dinner and don’t worry about cooking! Share with all your friends and family!!
Circle of Friends Gear – order forms and pre-payment due by September 28th COF Gear is finally here! Stock up for back to school and holiday gifts! Items available include car magnets, water bottles, t-shirts, and onesies. Order forms can be found in your Orientation Folders and extras available at the front desk.
Columbus Day Get Together – Monday, October 8th School is out so let’s get the kids together and burn off some energy! Stay tuned for more information coming soon on location and times!
Fall Festival – Saturday, October 20th – 10:30am-12:30pm Save the Date for this fun family event! Bounce house, face painting, photo booth, pumpkin decorating and more. Food and treats available for sale. Silent auction, raffles and more! Details coming soon.
Here’s to a great 2018-2019 school year! Please reach out at any time with questions, concerns, positive feedback, etc.
From the Parent Board…
Happy new school year! The Board is excited to welcome back returning families, as well as meet and get to know new families! For those of you who don’t know me, I am the current Board President, and my son Connor has just transitioned into the Little Chicks classroom. It’s an exciting time – my baby is a preschooler! I’m sure many of you are reaching milestones as well – maybe it’s your first time having your little one away from you during the day, or maybe an older child is off to Kindergarten. Whatever your situation, please know that you have a supporting and nurturing environment here at Circle of Friends – both for your child and for you. If you’re interested in getting more involved with the school, I’d like to personally invite you to attend one of our Board meetings. They are the 2nd Thursday of the month at 7pm, right in the Play space at school. There is no obligation to formally join, and you’ll learn a lot about how the school is run, as well as meet some other great parents! August is our annual hiatus month, so I don’t have official Board notes for you, but please be sure to check out all of the exciting events and activities coming your way this fall. We look forward to getting to know you and your child!